Use these phrases when you want to change the conversation or go back to prior information.
- Before, you mentioned ___. What did you mean? (Something that was said earlier in the conversation)
- Can you tell me more about ___?
- That reminds me of ___. (a past experience, something that happened, a news
- story, a person, etc.)
- Speaking of ___. (Insert the main topic of the conversation and add your
- There’s something else I wanted to ask you.
- I know this is changing the subject, but ___. (Add a comment or question)
Matt: “Going on vacation in the winter is much nicer than going in the summer because there are not as many tourists.”John: “Speaking of vacations, we’re going to Mexico next month!”
Max: “I just watched the movie Frozen with my kids.”Sue: “Speaking of that movie, I’m reading a biography about Walt Disney.”
Jane: “My day has been so busy so far. I’ve gone to school, the mall, the library, and the grocery store…”Steve: “I know this is changing the subject, but I just watched the cooking channel last night, and now I’m so inspired to cook something new. Do you watch that channel?”